Get your party hats from Homeless and Conservative, and come celebrate Dear Leader’s Birthday with Michelle Obama fashion retrospective. I’ll try to post daily, but given that my kids’ naps are withering away, I can’t promise.
50. Let’s start with authentic Michelle. Before millions were poured into the “next Jackie’s” wardrobe she wore this:
Already present is her trademark bad judgment: jacket cuts off at the hip, her most problematic area, and the embroidery draws further attention to it. The slimmest part of her body, somewhere between her navel and her breasts, is obscured. The choice of color is predictable, which is not bad for a political wife, but that’s no fashionista. Embroidery looks cheap and cheesy. There is nothing imaginative about this suit, no interesting design choices, at least not in 2007. No wonder she ran into so many problems with avant garde fashion! On the plus side, she didn’t wear tacky jewelry.
49. Here is Lady O’s 2011 white suit makeover:
You can see that one job was created by Obama Administration — that of MO’s stylist. But since previous FLOTUS’s also had stylists, this merely falls under “jobs saved”. I have no idea if business casuals are appropriate at presidential fundraisers, but the people inside the banquet hall look dressed up. The patterned skirt draws too much attention to her thighs, a familiar theme with the amply-hipped FLOTUS. MO insists on hemming her skirts right above her knees, but her knees are a bit thick.
Plus, this is a “cute” look. It’s bad enough that “kinetic military action” and debt ceiling debate made BO seem powerless and out of his depth, his wife looks like she’s going through a mid-life crisis.
48. Just when you think that cute is her thing, she goes out and wears a dom belt. What does that make her husband, our President, technically speaking the Leader of the Free World?
47. Continuing with the B&D theme. A nurse:
46. Russian schoolgirl:
45. Mmm… a bag?
44. Here is another recent treat.
Let’s Move… in water? Because I see scales.
43. Continuing with the FLOTUS mermaid theme:
Sequin fish is all the rage at the White House. Whether it’s spring fever or something in the water, don’t worry your pretty little head: Global warming is the cause.
42. Somebody please stop telling Michelle she’s got nice arms because a) it’s not a big deal, and b) she’s the only bare-shouldered person in this picture. She looks like she’s ready to take her daughters to the beach, but adults are going to the office. If her hubby counts for an adult, that is. She certainly stands out — in a wrong way. It’s been a while since she went sleeveless, and no, she didn’t start a trend. Time to hang it up.
41. Whether or not wearing an entire wedding cake for a skirt counts for Lets Move points, it doesn’t do much for Lady O’s hips.
UPDATE: Linked by Political Junkie Mom — thank you!